Westmont Montessori School has an opening for a part-time (mornings) Educational Assistant (EA) for the 2023-24 school year. The position is working with a student with diverse needs requiring one-on-one support. Hours of employment will be from 9am-12pm, Monday to Friday. The position runs from September 5, 2023-March 15, 2024.
The Educational Assistant will encourage inclusion in classroom activities, communication, self-confidence, student independence, and positive relationships between the student(s), their peers and all staff members. Making the day fun and engaging for the student is paramount.
The Educational Assistant participates as a member of the school-based team. They assist in the planning and implementing of individualized educational plans and evaluating the social, emotional, physical and academic needs of the student(s). Attendance at meetings discussing the student’s program is required.
The Educational Assistant is expected to work closely with the reporting teachers, inclusion support teacher, and other specialists to achieve learning goals as outlined in the student’s program plan.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Strong preference is given to those candidates with:
- Montessori training and/or experience
- Specific experience/training related to working with persons with ASD
- Teaching Assistant Program certificate or equivalent post-secondary courses in child development is an asset
- Capacity for participating in outdoor education programming
- Excellent communication, organizational and record keeping skills are required
- Technology Literate
Compensation and Benefits:
- $35,000 annual salary will be pro-rated for part-time position and start date
- RRSP available after one year’s employment