Hours per Week: Part Time – minimum of 15 hours per week; Monday – Friday 3:00 – 4:45 pm after school care coverage plus 6.25 hours per week for planning professional development days and camps. Additional hours might be required.
Start Date: as soon as possible.
Hourly Wage: $30.75 per hour
About us: Westmont Montessori School is a vibrant and dynamic organization dedicated to providing engaging and enriching out of school and camp experiences for children in our community. We believe in fostering a safe and inclusive environment where children can learn, explore, and have fun while developing valuable life skills.
Position Overview: We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Out of School and Camp Leader to join our team. As an Out of School and Camp Leader, you will play a pivotal role in creating memorable experiences for children by organizing and facilitating a range of educational and recreational activities. This role is perfect for individuals passionate about education, child development, and creating positive impacts in young lives.
- Plan, coordinate, and lead various out of school and camp activities for children ages 3-12.
- Cover the elementary level after school care.
- Create and implement engaging lesson plans that promote learning, creativity, and teamwork.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all children by adhering to safety guidelines and protocols.
- Foster a positive and inclusive atmosphere where children feel comfortable and supported.
- Supervise and manage groups of children during activities, ensuring their participation and enjoyment.
- Communicate effectively with parents/guardians, keeping them informed about program details and their child’s progress.
- Collaborate with the program team to develop innovative activity ideas and contribute to program improvement.
- High school diploma required; college coursework or degree in Education, Child Development, or related field is a plus.
- Previous experience working with children in a camp, after-school, or educational setting.
- Strong passion for working with children and helping them develop their social, emotional, and cognitive skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle situations professionally, remain calm under pressure, and make quick decisions when necessary.
- CPR and First Aid certifications preferred (or willingness to obtain upon hiring).
- Creativity, flexibility, and a positive attitude.
- Competitive hourly compensation.
- Professional development opportunities in child development and education.
- Valuable experience in a dynamic and rewarding educational environment.
- Opportunity to make a positive impact on children’s lives and contribute to their growth.